Nourishing Vanilla Steamers
What's not to love about a warm beverage on a cold winter day, one that's a cross between hot cocoa and Crème Brûlée? Hey, that's a good rhyme! 🙂
Our son had a friend over the other day who didn’t like hot cocoa (can you believe it?), so I made them these nourishing vanilla steamers instead. They’re full of good-for-you ingredients, and if you can get away with only a little sweetener, all the better.
The amounts are totally up to you, I’ll just give you an idea of what I use, but it really doesn’t matter, just taste test and see what you think.
Nourishing Vanilla Steamers Recipe
- Healthy milk (We use raw milk, and since kids don’t like things too hot anyway, I give them theirs warm to preserve the nutrients.)
- Extra real cream if you have it
- Organic vanilla (About 1 teaspoon for 2-3 people)
- Egg yolks (About 1 per person)
- Dash of sea salt
- Sweetener to your taste (I use real maple syrup, you could also use raw honey or palm or coconut sugar.)
- Add a dash of cinnamon if desired.
Stir well over medium heat until desired temperature. Pretty easy, huh? Let me know what you think, or if you add something else interesting to yours, let us know that, too.
Note: If you don't heat it too much (when it feels hot but doesn't burn you), it will retain more nutrients from the raw milk and egg yolks!
More posts you may have missed:
- How to Add More SUPER to Your Superfood Smoothies! — How to slip this superfood in and it won't be noticed at all. 🙂