I’m writing this in a rush on Friday as I get ready for the company I told you about yesterday, so I’m just going to quickly paste in a few tid-bits that you may like, but I apologize for not making it flow smoothly or giving each link a big set up today. (Not that I’m all that great about doing it normally, either…)
- Guess who’s up next in Kitchen Stewardship’s Clean Out the Junk series?! Yep, it’s me! 🙂 Be sure to check back tomorrow where I’ll write about CAFO’s, Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations. If you have a post on this topic I hope you’ll link up, I’ll have Mr. Linky ready to go early tomorrow morning.
- I love this great post on dieting. (Have you seen my complete list of posts on the subject of dieting?)
- On a related topic, Jen has passed along another good article once again! (That girl is handy to have around.) This one is from Stephan Guyenet: Have Seed Oils Caused a Multi-Generational Obesity Epidemic?
- I don’t normally pay a lot of attention to studies, unless, of course, they come out with findings that say coffee has some health benefits then I’m all over it! (Read this related post: “What if sex was bad for you?”)
- I announced last week to my newsletter subscribers that I’m shooting for mid-June to launch my Real Food online Rookie Class – stayed tuned! (If you want to be the first to know when it launches, be sure to sign up for the Kitchen Kop Newsletter. Don’t worry, I’ll only email you when something juicy is happening, not all the time.) Keep in mind that this class won't be just for Rookies, it will also be helpful to those who may have been in the traditional foods movement for a while now, but who want to know how they can better help their friends and family along who aren't quite “there yet”. And we can always learn something new, anyway. 🙂 I can't believe how much more time this has taken than I ever expected, but I want it to be jam-packed with content for you to learn from. (Which reminds me: if you've sent an email, a Facebook or Twitter message that I haven't responded to, I'm sorry! And it may get worse before it gets better these next few weeks…)
- Peggy left a great comment at this Vanilla Steamer post last week: “Heh heh. One of my “processed food friends” came over for coffee and I made a half recipe to use as creamer. She loves French Vanilla Coffeemate and said this was a lot like it but…better. I showed her the ingredient lists side-by-side and I think we have a convert. I'm tellin' ya, the real food revolution will be won by people's taste buds.” Isn’t that a great idea?! I know a LOT of people who eat Real Food, but still have to have some of that junky Coffeemate stuff in their morning coffee. Maybe this will help get them off that and onto Real Food creamers! Ooooh, and I see she’s got a great post up right now, too: “Say it with me, it’s not the fat, it’s the carbs!”
Have a great week!