How to Make Lemon Ice Cream
Today I'll tell you how to make lemon ice cream, and it's really pretty darn simple.
My Mom has been wanting some lemon ice cream, and since we can't find it anywhere, I decided to just make it myself. Besides, ice cream at home can be made with your own real food, delicious, nutritious ingredients. Things like raw pastured egg yolks, real cream, raw milk, natural sweeteners (and less than the stuff at the store has)… You get the idea. 🙂
Click here to get the ice cream maker I've used for years, it's well-loved in our kitchen.
Lemon Ice Cream Recipe
- 2/3 cup unrefined sweetener, you can use palm sugar or just organic cane sugar so it stays a more lemon-looking color
- 4 egg yolks, pastured eggs from a farmer you trust is important, don't eat raw yolks from grocery store factory farm eggs
- 4 2/3 cup cream (not the ultra-pasteurized kind!) OR I used 3 cups cream, 1 2/3 cup raw milk
- 3 Tablespoons lemon extract (more to your taste)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons arrowroot flour
- Dash of sea salt
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with tall sides, I use my hand-held stick blender. Pour into the ice cream maker (your ice cream bowl needs to be frozen ahead of time of course), turn it on, and leave it about 25 minutes. That's it!
Did you make a real food recipe?
Let me know what you think when you try it. 🙂
More posts you might like: