This yummy dip comes from my sister, Terri. I love it with homemade pita chips (recipe below) or with sliced veggies.
Easy Garlic Feta Cheese Dip Recipe
- 16 oz. plain yogurt-- I use 8 oz. organic whole-milk yogurt and 8 oz. organic sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese-- not the low-fat kind! Or you could use this homemade yogurt cheese if you have it on-hand.
- 8 oz. feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (I used at least double this amount), or 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber peeled & diced, I used 2
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Different colored peppers chopped
- Mix together the dressing ingredients, spread into a shallow serving dish (I just use a 9×13 dish), cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight (I sometimes skip this step and serve it right away). Then sprinkle on top the chopped veggies.
- This goes really well with pita or corn chips, or sliced veggies.
I found some great pita chips at the store to serve this with (and there was nothing bad in the ingredient label!), but they were expensive – $3 for a small bag. You can make them much cheaper, but it takes time…
Here's my super easy homemade recipe:
- Whole wheat pita bread (make sure there's no trans fat or >high fructose corn syrup)
- sea salt
Melt butter and add garlic and sea salt to taste. Dip pita bread into butter mixture and lay on a cookie sheet. (I sprinkle a little more salt on top so I know each piece will have some salty flavor.) Bake about 10 minutes on 375, flip and then bake another 5-7 minutes – keep checking and remove when golden and crispy. Cut with a pizza cutter into wedges.
More you might like:
Kelly Brown says
Merry Christmas, Kelly! I have to thank you for sharing this recipe. Made it last night for Christmas Eve & it was a big hit! It also fit my wanting to take something healthy!
I also have to share that you were the reason I started homeschooling this year (& I always thought it was crazy, just like you always thought it was crazy!)! God sure works in strange ways! But, you’ve been a big inspiration, so thanks for that!
Kelly the Kitchen Kop says
I’m so glad it was a hit. And how cool about homeschooling!! 🙂
Lyn L. says
Just got around to unsubscribing from one of your sites. Wanted to let you know. This recipe for Garlic Pita chip dip sounds delicious. I will definitely be making it for the 4th.
Hope you & and your family have a great 4th of July!
I’m glad you only unsubscribed from one and not all! 🙂
Let me know if you like it, I’m making mine tomorrow!