This yummy dip comes from my sister, Terri. I love it with homemade pita chips (recipe below) or with sliced veggies.
Easy Garlic Feta Cheese Dip Recipe
Yield 1 large bowl
- 16 oz. plain yogurt (I use 8 oz. organic whole-milk yogurt and 8 oz. organic sour cream)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (not the low-fat kind!)
- 8 oz. feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (I used at least double this amount), or 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber peeled & diced (I used 2)
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Different colored peppers, chopped
Mix together the dressing ingredients, spread into a shallow serving dish (I just use a 9×13 dish), cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight (I sometimes skip this step and serve it right away). Then sprinkle on top the chopped veggies.
This goes really well with pita or corn chips, or sliced veggies.
Did you make a real food recipe?
I found some great pita chips at the store to serve this with (and there was nothing bad in the ingredient label!), but they were expensive – $3 for a small bag. You can make them much cheaper, but it takes time…
Here's my super easy homemade recipe:
- Whole wheat pita bread (make sure there's no trans fat or >high fructose corn syrup)
- sea salt
Melt butter and add garlic and sea salt to taste. Dip pita bread into butter mixture and lay on a cookie sheet. (I sprinkle a little more salt on top so I know each piece will have some salty flavor.) Bake about 10 minutes on 375, flip and then bake another 5-7 minutes – keep checking and remove when golden and crispy. Cut with a pizza cutter into wedges.