This recipe may not be for everyone, but I LOVE these low-carb cabbage rolls. I’ve been telling you about my sister, Terri, and how she’s doing so good with her low-carb diet, well she's been sending great recipes now and then for me to share with you, and this one is a winner. (Do you need more low-carb recipe ideas or want to read more posts on losing weight?)
Low-Carb Cabbage Rolls
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 pound hamburger (where to find healthy meat)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 can of petite tomatoes (drained), or fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Sea salt & Pepper to taste
Combine hamburger, onion, egg and salt & pepper. Put the cabbage in boiling water to separate the leaves.
Put a spoonful of burger mixture into cabbage leaves and roll up, place in a baking dish. When the dish is full, cover with the tomatoes and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Great with sour cream on top. Season with more sea salt and pepper as needed.
Thank you, Sister!
- Here's a similar recipe for cabbage roll soup! It's not as low-carb due to the rice, but you could omit that part. The whole family loves this!
- Do you have favorite low-carb recipes to share? Please do at this low carb post!
- What’s so great about coconut oil?
- Confused about which milk is best?
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.