This recipe is great as a yummy breakfast if you spread it on a bagel, add some meat for a tasty lunch sandwich, or use as an appetizer with dippers like crackers or more veggies such as baby carrots, celery sticks, or pepper strips. It's really good any of those ways. No matter your preference, this cream cheese veggie dip will have you hooked, it's simple and so flavorful, but isn't that the way all our recipes should be?! 🙂
Cream Cheese Veggie Dip
- 16 oz. organic cream cheese, softened, or you could also use some of your homemade yogurt cheese if you have some on-hand.
- 1/2 to 1 cup organic sour cream
- A bunch of parsley chopped — optional
- Sea salt and pepper to your taste
- Vegetables of choice, chopped small—I use mostly organic depending on the Dirty Dozen list: a bunch of green onions or 1 regular onion, 3-5 radishes, a couple stalks of celery, a few carrots, 1-2 peppers--I like using different colors, fresh garlic cloves to your taste, I like a lot for good flavor, maybe 4-6 (or you could use dried garlic powder)
- 1 cup or so of cheese (optional), sometimes I'll add feta, other times I'll add shredded cheddar--it's good without cheese too!
- Dippers of choice: Bagels, organic crackers or gluten-free crackers, vegetables like pepper strips, celery, or baby carrots (if I'm serving those as dippers, I usually won't put those same veggies into the dip though)
- Mix the cream cheese and sour cream well. Stir in the optional cheese.
- Finely chop the vegetables of your choice and stir those in.
- You can eat this dip instantly or you can pop in the fridge for about an hour to help bring out the flavor. 🙂
- Serve with dippers of choice, or spread on a bagel.
Note that your dip will likely look different every time you make it depending on what you're using!
More posts you may want to check out: