My 18 year old nephew, Keegan, loves to cook, and this chicken wings recipe is one of his favorites, which he came up with himself!
The Best Chicken Wings Recipe
- Enough chicken wings depending on how many are eating
- 3 Tablespoons butter pastured butter is best
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot I checked the ingredient label: Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Vinegar, Water, Salt and Garlic Powder – looks great!
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing I make my own ranch dressing to avoid the soybean oil in the brands at the store.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- “To make the sauce, mix everything together except the wings. Bake the wings at 425* in a deep baking pan to catch the liquid as the chicken cooks -- it'll take about an hour -- enough to get the wings to have a crispy outside without burning. You could also grill the wings, but it’s just easier to bake them. As soon as I take the wings out of the oven I throw them in the bowl of the sauce, cover with a tight lid, and shake ‘em around. Obviously if they are too spicy or not spicy enough, all you have to do is add more butter or use less sauce. P.S. If you want to make another good BBQ wing variation, replace the ranch with honey, and hot sauce with BBQ sauce.”
This would also make a great dipping sauce for homemade chicken nuggets! (Pictured at right.)
Notice I don’t have a picture of these wings, if anyone tries them and would be willing to send me a picture, I’d appreciate it! I think I’ll add this recipe to my Superbowl snacks list, too…
Thanks, Keeg!! 🙂
More you might like:
- More appetizer recipes here!
- Keegan’s Mom is my sister, Gail, and you’ll find her recipe for breakfast burritos here.
- Find more healthy breakfast ideas here.
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out theseaffordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, andWellness Mama all in one spot! You canread over my review here.
My sister used to do this all the time when she had abnormal cravings for hot wings 🙂 Her other favorite thing to do was bake chicken breasts and douse them with the hot sauce and use that to top a salad with bleu cheese. A hot wing salad! Great recipe, thanks Keegan!
We made almost the same thing last night. Minus the ranch…we just do that on the side but I am thinking next time I will add it in! 🙂 Thanks.