Looking for the perfect raw milk pourer?
(Who wouldn’t want more ways to consume delicious, nutritious raw milk? Learn why raw is the only way to go here: Raw Milk Benefits and Information: Q & A with Mark McAfee)
“I just wanted to show you a hack I made for our raw milk. I had actually been transferring my milk into plastic gallon water jugs, but that gets old week after week. I have seen others on pinterest using orange juice cartons to make pour spouts for the wide mouth mason jars. I really wanted to buy the Recap lids, but they are too expensive for me, so I looked around the house and realized that these sippy cup lids are around the same size as the wide mouth jars. They are inexpensive and even come with a little spout cover.
I took the lids and just shaved off a little of the lip with a very sharp razor blade. Just enough so that I can still tighten the ring around it. You don’t want to shave too much because it helps it stay leak proof and helps the ring hold it in place. I then took the razor blade and cut off enough of the spout to be able to pour milk through it. The one in the picture is the first one I made so it looks a little funky, With a little practice they did turn out a neater. Tada: Pour spout!
I am hoping this will help someone else. Have a great day!”
- Get these sippy cup spouts here
- Get wide-mouth mason jars here
- Raw Milk Benefits and Information: Q & A with Mark McAfee
- Have you read: The Untold Story of Milk? (Learn how the whole pasteurization thing came about in the first place.)
- Click here to learn more about healthy milk options (and the kind of milk you should NEVER buy at the store)
- Read all about raw milk here, including safety issues and how to find a safe farm to get raw milk from