This popcorn recipe with coconut oil is not just a good-for-you snack, it’s also filling and nutritious…
Today I’m reposting this popcorn recipe with coconut oil because it was one of my very first recipes here on the Kitchen Kop blog and many newer readers may not realize what a simple, yummy and healthy snack it is! Kids love it, too, and of course it’s great for movie night. 🙂
If you’re trying to get more coconut into your diet, and you’re like me and don’t like the flavor in certain recipes, here’s a recipe for people like us. Everyone loves this and it reminds me of how old-fashioned movie popcorn used to taste before they stopped using coconut oil (because it was more expensive than the cheap heart-killer fake oils they use now), and don’t worry, the flavor isn’t overpowering. It also keeps very well in freezer baggies for many days without becoming stale. (I don’t know exactly how long because it doesn’t last long around here.) I’ve even sent it to our friend, Nick, in Iraq and it travels quite well! By the way, some have trouble digesting popcorn, so keep that in mind just in case it doesn’t set right with you.
First, don’t miss these posts:
- Have you tried coconut oil topically? I love this Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Moisturizing Cream and also the Coconut Oil Lip Moisturizer.
- Try this kettle corn recipe if you want a little something sweet and salty.
- Wonder how in the world popcorn can be good for us? Or if it’s gmo-free? Shouldn’t popcorn be soaked since it’s a whole grain? Click here to find out all of that and more!
- Click here for the popper we use: Stainless Steel Popcorn Popper. I’ve been through many popcorn poppers since we began eating healthier and finally found one I love! This one has no nasty Teflon, no dangerous aluminum next to your food (make sure you get the one with stainless steel throughout), and it tastes much better than when it is cooked in an air popper – those made the popcorn taste dry and blah.
- Read here about the manybenefits of getting more coconut into our diets!
KELLY’S POPCORN RECIPE WITH COCONUT OIL:
- Scoop 2-3 T. organic virgin coconut oil into your heated stove-top popper.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 c. popcorn and cook. Get the popcorn wherever you can buy in bulk – I get it through our local buying club. I like the small white kind. Or get popcorn here.
- After popping, add plenty of real, melted butter – find pastured butter here (about 3T. per batch or so, more or less to taste) and sea salt, mix around well.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW if you have coconut tips or more recipes with coconut – the more we can get into our diets, the better!
Related posts (and some not):
- Easy Meatless/Vegetarian/Lenten Meal Ideas
- Dieting/my “food conversion”
- Have you heard of Weston A. Price?
- Information on a good brand of sea salt
- Where is the truth on health and nutrition?
- Recommended books
- Eating healthy, without sacrifices