If you love Jalapeño Poppers (click here for my Low-Carb Jalapeño Poppers recipe), you'll really love this Jalepeno Poppers Dip that you can easily make ahead of time. You could serve it hot or cold, but either way it'll be a hit — if it's cold it just tastes like a yummy cheeseball with a kick. Yesterday we were out of town at a family party all day and I knew there wouldn't be time to make an appetizer for the gathering with friends that we were headed to when we got back late afternoon, so I made this Jalepeno Popper Dip the day before and just put it into their oven for a few minutes when we got there. So easy! Making up food ahead of time is THE way to go in order to eliminate stress, and it's always a good idea to do more of that. 🙂
Jalepeno Poppers Dip
- 3-8 ounce packages of softened cream cheese, I use this kind
- 2 jalapeños, chopped small
- 1/2 pound bacon, crumbled or cut into small pieces, best from pastured pigs — click here if you don't have a good local source of healthy meat
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plain yogurt or dairy kefir for a probiotic kick (serve it cold in this case to preserve the good probiotic goodies)
- Shredded cheese for the top
Mix all the ingredients but the shredded cheese together and spread onto a large baking sheet or 9×13 glass baking pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top and refrigerate until about 20 minutes before serving. Bake in a 350* oven for 10-15 minutes or so, until dip is hot and cheese is melted. (Just melt quickly on broil if you'd like to serve it hot but still want the probiotic benefits.)
Let me know what you think!
Related posts (or not):
- Click here for more appetizer recipes to check out.
- Recent post with some personal stuff along with a homeschooling update: How We Finally Found Our Groove (Plus: the BEST Homeschool Materials and… am I an UNschooler?)
- My latest hot topic: Cell phone Safety for Your Kids — EMF Radiation Protection Tips and Best Products (Why I Switched)