This was a throw-together type of meal where I didn't look at any recipe, I just guessed at what might be good – three of our four kids loved it and wanted seconds! Along with this Chicken Stir Fried Rice, we had some blueberries, raspberries, cherries and cherry tomatoes from the farm market to snack on. I love farm market season!
Chicken Stir Fried Rice
Ingredients and Instructions:
- Make 2 cups germinated rice according to package directions (makes 4 cups cooked), except I cooked it in homemade chicken broth instead of plain water. I also sprinkled a little salt & garlic powder in as it was cooking. (Note: in case you're a last minute person like I am, keep in mind that this rice takes about a half hour to 40 minutes to cook.)
- When it is about 15 minutes from being done, add a couple Tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 Tablespoons butter to a cast iron pan and saute strips of chicken until done (about 10 minutes or so – use however much you need for your family). I sprinkled on the following: sea salt, pepper, some organic poultry seasoning, and garlic powder. (Or omit chicken for a meatless meal.)
- When it's done, crack 4 eggs in the pan with the chicken and stir it around until done.
- Add cooked rice and stir around; add more seasonings if you prefer, and keep cooking until heated through.
- Sliced green onions are good sauteed in this, too! And extra fresh garlic is always yummy. I also like peas and corn in mine, be creative!
Pretty easy and tasty, too. Also a good way to get more chicken stock (scroll down at that link to read about making chicken broth/stock), eggs, germinated rice, and coconut oil into your diet – all very beneficial foods!
- 5 ways all life changes are the same
- A couple crock-pot dinners
- My blurb on the CatholicMom.com podcast
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.