Good morning reader friends! For once I’m getting this post ready ahead of time so you get a treat today: no rambling. :)
- This link is up first so you don’t miss it, it’s a topic I know all you Real Foodies will find interesting. Tea Party Libertarians and Small Organic Farmers Make Strange Political Bedfellows. You’ll recognize names like Laura Bledsoe: Farm to Fork Dinner Fiasco and Mark Baker: Where Oh Where Has Common Sense Gone? Communism Anyone? (Those links take you to my posts about these small farmers fighting the system). ”As government regulations have coalesced around this new normal during the past few generations, small farmers have found themselves caught within the confines of laws that weren’t designed for them. What that means is that when there’s a grassroots movement like there is now, back toward simplicity, back toward raising your own food in a manner that people have done for thousands of years, including the people who founded this country, suddenly the methods that they want to use on a micro level are all illegal,” said Rowes. Or, as Hamilton put it: “It’s like hitting a fly with a B-2 bomber.”
- Have you seen this post? My All Natural Chill Pill for Anxiety.
- Want a 99¢ e-book? You’re in luck!!! My in-real-life friend, Katie, has a new one out and it’s perfect for real food rookies: Better Than a Box: How to Transform Processed Food Recipes into Whole Foods Favorites.
- Are you signed up for my email newsletter for special deals and blog highlights? See the orange box below this post!
- Last week Jill from Real Food Forager (if you don’t happen to know her yet, you’ll love her) covered a topic I’ve wanted to learn more about for a while now: the Acid/Alkaline Balance in our bodies. ”It is well known that a body that is too acidic is prone to illness. Our modern lifestyle with fast food, chemical dependencies, lack of alkaline forming vegetables and alkaline forming fermented foods, all contribute to this acidity.“
Highlights from Facebook and/or the blog last week:
- I made this homemade hot fudge for company the other night, yum!
- Here a reader asked if others could offer suggestions for helping her sister who has a brain injury from a car accident a few years ago.
- How to get liver down if you don’t like it.
- Did you see my video about The Giant?
- I asked for tips on finding good practice ACT tests.
- Did you read about my DUMB move last week?
- I made these tasty little numbers when our kids’ friends came over who were gluten-free: Gluten-free Almond Cookies
- What successful bloggers have in common.
- This one from Heather was hilarious! You might be an unconventional Mama if…
- Speaking of Heather at Mommypotamus, her Nourished Baby e-book is now included in Nourishing Our Children’s newly revised educational materials, which are on sale right now for 25% to 65% off until February 1, 2013! Learn more here.
- Have a great week everyone! I’ll see you here later this week for Real Food Wednesday! (Did you know that participating is a great way to get more traffic to your blog OR to learn more about Real Food and get some great new recipes, too?!)