This French Toast Frittata is one of our “old stand-bys” for busy mornings and the best FAST breakfast for kids!
Top 5 Reasons Why it’s a Family Favorite for a Healthy Breakfast:
5. You can use up the ends of the bread loaves without anyone knowing or complaining. (We use my homemade soaked bread recipe or buy fermented bread from a local baker, both of these are MUCH easier to digest than a typical loaf of bread from the store. Sourdough is also a great option.)
4. Most kids don't need to worry much about their grain intake unless they have allergies. (Especially if they're eating grains prepared correctly or my new favorite, einkorn, AND if they're eaten with plenty of healthy fats.)
3. These ingredients are super nourishing!
2. It takes only a few minutes to make for a FAST breakfast for kids and adults. (Here are more breakfast ideas.) It's so easy, even our 11 year old can make his own, with us close by of course.
1. If you have kids who won’t eat eggs, you can slip extra yolks in for more nutrition and they’ll never know!
French Toast Frittata
- 1 egg + 1 yolk or more yolks if you want more nutrition – I sometimes use 3 yolks per one piece of bread
- 2 Tablespoons of cream or more, this isn’t exact
- A dash of sea salt
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- A 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla optional
- 1-2 pieces of bread torn into bite-sized pieces (I usually tear it up as I toss it into the mixture)
Let me know what you think! And tell us, what is YOUR favorite fast breakfast for kids OR you?