You probably know that we have 3 sons and one daughter. Our daughter Kierstyn is 17 and in chef school now, how fun is that? Especially awesome is how she loves healthy food and likes to cook for us sometimes. Here she is making homemade pasta. (And I've already told you about Kasey and how he likes making desserts.) Yep, we're totally #blessed, but have to keep throwing in some fasting and keto meals now and then or we'll be in major trouble — even more so as I navigate “stupid menopause“… 🙂
Our girl is also into ALL the girly things.
Whether it's clothes, hair, and of course, skincare and makeup too, she loves it all. I've tried to steer her toward some of these safe and inexpensive DIY options, but who's going to make all of their own makeup or skincare products? Not many of us, and I know I don't have time for that, I've got enough with making all our meals.
But as most of you know, we really should be able to EAT whatever we put on our skin.
This is crucial because everything that goes on our skin gets absorbed quickly, including any toxins! I can't even tell you how many makeup wipes, beauty creams, lotions, and containers of makeup she's gone through over the years. While some of it was “better quality”, that basically just means we spent more money for the “natural” option, though I never really knew what I was looking for on the skincare ingredient labels. I know what to look for on the food labels, but skincare is a totally different ballgame and I just hadn't “gone there” yet. But as Kierstyn has grown, her love for all the skincare stuff has grown too, so I've been motivated to clean up our act in that area FINALLY and look for safer skincare options. Again though, I had no idea what to look for. So as I dug in deeper…
I kept hearing more and more about BeautyCounter… Mostly I was excited about their safer skincare and their “never list”
This “never list” has more than 1500 unsafe ingredients that will never be in any of their products. They meticulously screen each ingredient for safety, so I love that I can buy from them without researching every single product, knowing they have safer skincare and there's nothing scary that our daughter will be putting on her skin!
Icing on the cake: Their ingredients are safe PLUS they still work, based on all of the great reviews. (More on my personal thoughts as I try more and more of their products.)
Here's what I tried first:
First was this lipstick and not only did it feel really nice going on, I also couldn't believe how long it lasted — I put it on before church then came home and had coffee and ate breakfast. I sat down to read for a while and did a few other things then later went in to the bathroom and did a double-take in the mirror when I saw that the lipstick was still on!
Here's my most recent order:
- I have very short blah eyelashes (which I'm trying to get to grow with this serum) but have always hated mascara, I can never get it on right. So I'm excited to try this one.
- I'm getting more of this safe lipstick that lasts.
- Kierstyn wanted this lip gloss.
- Plus she wanted some foundation/moisturizer with sunscreen.
You can order here. I'll let you know later how we like those!
Not sure if you can afford these better quality, safer skincare products?
As we always say when talking about better quality food from farmers you know and trust, you get what you pay for. However, I get it, some of the products are pricey, sooooo…
- I plan to just switch over one or two products each month to slowly weed out all of the rotten stuff in our makeup bags and replace with safe products over time.
- If you want to save more, you can become a member here for discounts and free shipping. <– See what else you get at that link.
- Or get even higher discounts and do what I did by becoming a consultant <– More info at that link or email me with any questions: [email protected] (You can earn a side income and get free products too.) Don't worry, it's not an MLM and there's no required monthly minimum buys! It's just a nice way to earn a little extra money, or a lot for some women.
This before-after shot shows the results with the overnight resurfacing peel
Check out this gal's results after using the overnight resurfacing peel 4 times per week for just 2 months — that’s all she changed in her skincare routine:
Let me know if you have any questions!
Remember you can check out their products here!