Good morning, readers. I hope you had a great weekend. As I write this we're recovering from our daughter's birthday slumber party with 5 friends — yikes! It was actually fun playing Uno (I love Uno) and watching movies, except for how I hurt all over from the couch I slept on…
- Local readers: Last week's Weston Price chapter meeting had to be rescheduled due to a snowstorm, SO our first meeting of 2012 is now tomorrow night in downtown Grand Rapids, and we’ll learn about the top ten superfoods! Chapter meetings are a great way to meet other Real Foodie weirdos like us and not feel like such a weirdo when you're there! All the logistics are on our Meetup page. Let me know if you’re coming and be sure to say hi.
- Did you enter the first of my new Kitchen Kop giveaways yet? You could win a $100 Le Creuset cast iron pan!
- Do any of you with Reverse Osmosis water use these [easyazon-link asin=”B003C6BMKQ” locale=”us”]ConcenTrace[/easyazon-link] drops to replace minerals? I just bought some and I'm curious if you put them right in your drinking water or in recipes and if it has a taste? Read about why I wouldn't buy another water filter system like we have now and here's what I wish we had instead.
- Did you see this post from a young farming couple and feel discouraged, too? Why we farm, the final chapter. There must be ways to make this work as many are doing it and growing, especially as the Real Food movement explodes…right?
- At the Weston Price conference in Dallas last fall I was given this book from Radiant Life about Earthing. Of course it's still in my pile to crack open, but the more I hear about it the more fascinated I am by the whole topic. You can check out their Earthing products here, and please let me know if any of you have had experience using any of them?.
- Last week Robin on my Facebook page asked a question about how I learned to like wine. I thought I'd mention it here in case any of you had more tips for her. Pictured on the right is my latest fav, I love that it is a local wine. Kent & I want to go to TC for a wine tasting trip one of these days.
- A reader, Diane, told me about the workout program called, T-Tapp and I'm curious if anyone has tried it and what you think? Diane says, “Tapp's exercise doesn't take long but really is effective in shaping the body as well as raising the heart rate. It also helps to maintain bone strength. She says most people will lose at least one dress size. I only started today to actually do the exercises. You do not lose inches by WATCHING it, I have found!“
Have a great day!