Do you wonder, “Is soy bad for you?”
Did you know that soy isn’t the health food it’s been made out to be? Sadly, I've heard many stories of how seriously soy can wreck your health.
Have you read The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food? Here are some excerpts…
- The soybean was a modest and unpopular crop until food manufacturers intent on creating cheap vegetable oils convinced the U.S. government to start subsidizing it. The soy was turned into oil, and the industry was left with an industrial waste product. Then somebody had a brilliant idea: Let’s take this industrial waste product full of toxins and carcinogens — isolated soy protein — and turn it into food that people will eat!
- Soy will destroy your thyroid. Many foods are goitrogenic (thyroid suppressing), but soy is king of them all. Goitrogens work by preventing your thyroid from getting the necessary amount of iodine. Friends, I believe this is what happened to Oprah’s thyroid. She pushed soy for years, featured it in everyone one of her “healthy” diets, and it destroyed her thyroid. If your thyroid fails, what happens? You gain weight. You have a harder time regulating your moods. You get colder more easily. You’re more easily fatigued. You demonstrate an inability to concentrate and remember details. The list goes on. You simply don’t want to mess with your thyroid.
- Soy foods aren’t real food. They aren’t traditional. They aren’t old. They’re industrial waste products dressed up in pretty clothes and marketed to an ignorant public.
More posts on soy dangers and alternatives:
- Soy Protein Shakes, Almond Milk, and Other Fake Foods People Think Are Good For Them (Dr. Kaayla Daniel)
- Soy Infant Formula: Birth Control Pills for Babies?
- This is the only soy sauce I buy. Or sometimes now instead of soy I use this! (Tastes the same in recipes.)
- Read Is Edamame Good for You?
- Try a Real Food protein shake to avoid powdered soy protein shakes.
- “Are Meat Eaters Ruining the Earth?”
- Soy no longer the “darling” of the health food industry
- Soy myths and truths brochure.
- “We've received a number of letters over the years from readers who have come to realize that their health problems stemmed from soy.” Read those letters here.