Recently when I found out about these healthy grass-fed hot dogs, I began to make this hot dog appetizer more often. It has organic ingredients and is great to take places because it's also very easy, and everyone loves the sweet and tangy flavor.
My Uncle Tom passed away many years ago, but he loved this hot dog appetizer, so we still call it his recipe. Aunt Lois (his wife) has been a faithful reader from the beginning of this blog. Hi, Aunt Lois! 🙂
HOT DOG APPETIZER
- 1 pound healthy hot dogs read more at that link
- 10 ounces organic jelly I use raspberry – the original recipe called for current jelly, but I can't find that organic and the raspberry is just as good
- 3/4 cup mustard I don't use organic, it's got a real short ingredient label and we don't eat all that much of it…I'm not even sure if I've seen organic mustard…?
- Cut the hot dog into bite-sized pieces, and then boil until hot. Meanwhile, turn your crock-pot on high and add the mustard and jelly. Stir together well. Add the hot dogs, stir, and then turn on low while serving. Use a slatted spoon to serve and have toothpicks nearby if you'd like to use those instead of forks.
More you might like:
- I got my new ice cream maker for Christmas! Check out this yummy and delicious recipe for homemade ice cream!