I’m on this big buffalo chicken kick lately. I’m not big on chicken wings (too much work for very little meat), but love the flavors and the spicy bite. This is easier and so good!
I've also made several batches of this at once in the past, for those busy months when you need to take a dish to pass to a lot of different places. Just make it ahead and throw the extra pans into the freezer until you need them. A special thanks to my sister-in-law, Leigh, for this recipe!
(If you do like chicken wings, check out my nephew’s chicken wings recipe.)
Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded (If you don't have a local source, get safe, pastured chicken online here.)
- 3/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 Tablespoons pastured butter or ghee
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing Try my homemade ranch dressing – it's easy!
- 1/2 cup – 1.5 cup of your favorite hot sauce taste-test before adding all of it to make sure it's not too spicy for you. Some use Franks, but I love a Sriracha sauce I found that has a pretty good ingredient label.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- optional: bacon chopped into small pieces!
Click here to see all of my appetizer recipes.