This is about as easy as you'll ever find for a main dish recipe, and so tasty, too! (And be sure to read to the bottom for an even EASIER version!)
Easy Pesto Chicken
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I like them fairly thin for this recipe and I buy them locally, where I know the chickens are given no hormones, and they're out on pasture.)
- 1 cup basil pesto – here's a recipe for super easy pesto
- Thick slices of mozzarella cheese – one for each piece of chicken I'll use shredded sometimes, too
- Preheat oven to 350* F/175* C. Then butter a baking pan and lay out chicken pieces. Put 2-3 tablespoons of pesto onto each chicken breast.
- Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes, place a piece of cheese onto each piece of chicken, then back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese (I just made it again and put the cheese on before it went into the oven and in 35 minutes the chicken was done and the cheese was golden brown. The timing will depend on how thick your chicken is.) Adjust the times as needed for your oven to make sure your chicken is done, but not over-done and dried out.
EVEN EASIER VERSION – CHEESY CHICKEN:
I tried making this without the pesto, since my kids don't like it, and it was still really tasty, maybe even better! I put the chicken onto a buttered cookie sheet (I also do parchment paper first), add sea salt and pepper, then sprinkle various kinds of shredded cheese on it, with some parmesan on top, bake the same amount of time, and it melted in your mouth! I'm going to use this recipe when I need to take a meal to someone, and also when we have my family over soon for our daughter's birthday dinner. It's that good, and that easy!
You can serve this cheesy chicken with some easy and TASTY dipping sauces:
- Ancho chili mayo or Cucumber dip (cucumbers cut up small, enough sour cream to coat, plenty of garlic, sea salt & pepper.)
Fast & easy – perfect for a busy day!
- Wondering if I make any money on this blog? Check out #3 in my FAQ post
- Need some natural allergy remedies?
- Are supplements really necessary?
- Have you heard of all the health benefits of coconut oil?
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.