Now when you read this title, “Easy Fried Eggplant Recipe”, I know what you were doing, you were starting to click right out weren't you?
You may have started to say to yourself, “Ewwww, eggplant!”
But STOP, because you guys, this really is so good!
A couple of our boys were sitting at the bar as I made it and when I was ooh-ing and ah-ing about, they said, “Okay, I'll try a little piece.” Soon they were asking for more! Mom made this a lot when I was young and even as a kid I liked it too – who doesn’t like flour, crackers, and butter together, no matter what it's on? If you’ve never eaten eggplant, you’ll be pleasantly surprised – it’s really delicious and better than you are probably imagining! Hopefully you can get your hands on some local eggplant from the farmer's market.
Easy Fried Eggplant Recipe
- 2 eggs pastured eggs are best
- 2 cups of breading whatever you have on hand or a combination: finely crushed organic cracker crumbs, einkorn flour, spelt flour, sprouted flour, etc…
- About 1/2 teaspoon or more of real sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper — add more to your own taste
- 1 eggplant peeled and sliced about 1/8-1/4″ thick — I like them on the thinner side.
- About 4 Tablespoons pastured butter or ghee
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat well with a fork. In another bowl mix up your breading with the cracker crumbs and/or flour, sea salt, and pepper. Dip the eggplant in the egg, and then into the breading mixture, making sure both sides are covered well. Fry in plenty of pastured butter or ghee until both sides are nicely golden brown — I use my favorite stainless steel pan for this because it's nice and big and I can do a lot at once. I also usually salt the outsides again at this point. Serve hot and eat as a snack, an appetizer, or maybe serve with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce and a side of steamed veggies. Enjoy.
I told you this was an easy fried eggplant recipe, please let me know what you think!
NOTE: a reader friend commented with such a yummy way to serve it: “I finally tried an eggplant from my CSA box a few days ago, fried it in Little Rooster bread crumbs and lard. Served it with fresh parmesan cheese and my homemade tomato sauce. Third time I’ve ever had eggplant and FIRST time I’ve ever loved it!!! ”
How do you like to eat eggplant?
More you might like:
- Another of my Mom's recipes: Recipe for Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls / Homemade Buns / Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from my Mom
- And this one she made, that was everyone's favorite: Mom's Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- More Side Dish Recipes
- Desserts that are a LITTLE bit better for you than others…
- Like this Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe with Einkorn Flour + Why You Should ONLY Buy Organic Strawberries