Cucumber Radish Dip
I thought I'd better post this while the cucumber gettin' is still good, not to mention all the other farm market goodies you can use in this dip.
One of the great things about having a food blog is that our neighbor friends often pop in with yummy creations for us to try! Recently Stephan & Jeanne have been sharing lots of goodies. Today I'll pass along a recipe for a tasty dip he pulled together from three different recipes he found online…
Cucumber Radish Dip
- 16 ounce plain yogurt strained for 3 hours in the fridge (organic whole milk yogurt). Or you could also use organic sour cream.
- One large cucumber seedless if possible, washed, peeled, and chopped
- Four finely minced garlic cloves
- One grated and minced white radish because I like it hot and spicy
- One half white onion grated and minced
- I also added more garlic powder at this point
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Optional for different flavors: vinegar fennel, mint, dill, lemon juice, coriander, cumin
- Generously salt cucumbers, then strain on a paper towel until the yogurt is ready. After the yogurt has drained, add pepper. Pour olive oil on top and mix. Add and mix veggies. Add whatever else you have left over from the farmers market or any optional flavors.
- Leave it in the fridge for a few hours to settle and for flavors to mingle.
More you might like:
- Speaking of the goodies at the farm market right now, try this heavenly lemon blueberry pie!
- Have you heard of germinated rice? I think it tastes lighter than brown rice and it's healthier, too. There's also a good chicken recipe at that post.
- Are you in the habit of reading ingredient labels yet? If you're buying food with a label, this is very important! (I envy those who have been able to get completely away from eating anything that has a label on it.)
- Do you still use your microwave? I just used mine the other day for the first time in a few months! We're pulling it right outta' here one of these days…
- Wonder what Kent thinks of all this?