This surprisingly delicious Cheese Dip Appetizer Recipe from my friend, Jeanne, can easily be made organic, since all (or most) of the ingredients are available in the organic version. I say, surprisingly delicious, because when you look at the ingredients you may think it sounds like an odd combination – that's what I thought until I tried it! However, all of the various flavors mix together into a great dip that I'll bet you haven't had before – and it's always fun to bring something new and unique for a party or get-together. Jeanne brought it to the neighbor's across the street Saturday night when a bunch of us got together to play “Rock Band” – what a riot!
Fiesta Cheese Dip Appetizer
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese the sharper the better, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped or 1 small can crushed pineapple drained
- 1-2 chopped jalepenos
- 1/2 cup or 5 ounce jar coarsely chopped pimentos if desired (not my favorite so I omit them)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans even better: Crispy Pecans
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh or dried onion
- Sea salt to taste
- Also can be made using diced red and green peppers. (I did this and LOVED it!)
- Slice french bread or baguette. Spread mixture on and then run under the broiler to lightly toast. Great served with a salad for a simple meal.
- Scroll down through more appetizer recipes
- Need some healthy snack ideas?
- Wonder about microwave safety?
- Scroll down through these kitchen tips to make your life easier
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.