If you love snacks that have a lot of different flavors going on in your mouth at the same time, then you’ll LOVE these Chili Lime Almonds. There’s a touch of sweet, a medium-ish spicy “bite” (which you can adjust to your taste), saltiness, and a sour tanginess all dancing around in your mouth – TASTY I tell ya! My friend, Theresa, had a bag from the store and I knew I could make them myself only without the high fructose corn syrup and MSG.
Chili Lime Almonds
- 5 cups crispy almonds (soaking per the directions at that link, overnight with 1 Tablespoon sea salt)
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- Juice of 3 limes
- Zest of 2-3 limes
- whites from one egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons palm or coconut sugar dissolved in juice or use real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Chili powder you can try Cayenne, Ancho, or whatever you like best
- Once the almonds are about 3/4 oven dried (at a very low temp) or dehydrated, mix together the rest of the ingredients and brush on the almonds. (You could also just toss the almonds in a bowl with the mixture, then spread back out onto the cookie sheet.) Use parchment paper on the bottom so they're easy to get off the pan when they're done! Continue drying or dehydrating until they're as crispy as you like — taste-test. If needed, sprinkle more salt, chili powder, and/or palm or coconut sugar on top until they’re bursting with flavor, however salty, spicy, or sweet you like them. Good luck keeping out of these. 🙂
- Let me know if you try these chili lime almonds and tell me what you think!
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.