Good morning readers! Has anyone else been on a dead-run all weekend? Friday night we went out with friends to see a comedian, Frank Caliendo, and the best part was that he doesn't use any raunchy jokes, so my toes didn't have to curl even once. My cheeks hurt from laughing, though. 🙂 Here's a hilarious mix of his impressions:
Saturday we cooked all day for a bunch of good friends from church who came over for dinner. I am very thankful for a hubs who cooks with me and for our two youngest who really like being with me in the kitchen! Here's what we made for our big group:
- Bacon pineapple roll-ups for an appetizer
- Sloppy Joes (no mystery meat for us!) — we had shredded cheese and sour cream to put on top for those not eating bread/buns
- Twice-baked potatoes in the crock-pot
- Roasted asparagus with shredded Parmesan and Asiago cheese melted on top (Roast them like in this recipe but only for about 5 minutes, add the cheese, and then another 5 minutes, don't overcook.)
- This yummy apple and goat cheese salad with Vermont maple balsamic I found downtown!
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin bars
- Finger jello — but the juice we used must have been too blah because these turned out kind of blah, too.
Sunday it was off to a family get together where we sorted more of Mom's things, which was sad and funny at the same time. We found more “treasures” that make us crack up and shake our heads at the same time… Like corsages she wore at her niece or nephews' weddings twenty-some years ago, I found three of those — for real! 🙂