Who wouldn’t want these yummy breakfast crepes for their first meal of the day?
Our younger two kids, 7 year old son and 11 year old daughter, love helping in the kitchen, and they’re always coming up with new concoctions for us to try. Often they turn out to be really good ideas!
Recently, Kasey, our 7 year old woke up and decided he wanted some breakfast crepes, and he was very specific about how he thought we could do this…
- Make this pancake/waffle recipe using a little extra milk (1/4 c. or so) so they’re more thin than normal. Fry them up in some pastured butter, ghee, bacon grease or coconut oil (click to find it here) until golden brown on each side.
- Spoon on your toppings of choice. We did yogurt (click here for where to find starters - you may have to scroll down there)…
- Frozen organic berries from last summer…
- And another day I crumbled our last piece of baked soaked oatmeal (another breakfast everyone loves by the way) and fried it up ’til it was crispy in my very favorite pan, and then sprinkled that on top.
- Use a toothpick to hold it together.
These are a big hit!
If you make them, what other toppings do you use?