Ups and Downs of Being a Homeschool Mom and Working Full-Time
Even if you're not a homeschooling Mom, I think you'll find this conversation interesting — today I'm sharing a link to a podcast I was a guest on late last summer that got lost in my inbox…
Kelly the Kitchen Kop is a full time business owner, a mother of 4, a devout Catholic Christian and also homeschools her children. Kelly’s business promotes real food and helps equip people with the tools necessary to make good food choices. Kelly is here today to share her wisdom on juggling running her business, with homeschooling her children. Kelly is a Catholic convert, and that guides each decision she makes.
In this episode, Kelly talks about:
The things going on with her children that caused her to choose home schooling.
How she had to sell the idea of homeschooling to her children.
Why she wanted to homeschool, even though she lived in one of the best school districts.
Kelly’s biggest regrets about homeschooling.
Kelly’s trick for getting work done even though she homeschools.
How to make “no” your default word.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN: Selling Older Children on Homeschooling Isn’t Easy — with Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- From my Christianity 101 blog (I only post there sporadically): To Say No is to Protect What You’ve Said Yes to
- I mentioned my two passions in life: 1. Real food, and 2. Jesus and the Catholic Church, read more here: My Conversion Story and how God healed our marriage.
- More about how God led us to homeschool: If You Thought I Was Crazy Before, Wait ’til You Hear This One… “I was thinking of how illogical this whole idea was, because most people who work full time don’t also try to homeschool their kids, it’s just nuts! Then I was overcome with emotion as I felt like God was saying to me, “I call people to the illogical all of the time. Trust me.”
- Since that podcast, I've been so much better at balancing work and homeschool and everything else! Read more about that here: Benefits of Walking vs Running — How to Find the Time and Get Peace in Your Life.
- And more here: How We Finally Found Our Groove (Plus: the BEST Homeschool Materials and… am I an UNschooler?)
- Get my book: Real Food for Rookies.
- Catholic Homeschool Moms podcast: “Homeschool resources, tips, strategies and tactics to help Catholic Homeschool Moms. Kerry Olvera interviews other Moms who are successfully homeschooling, and balancing their work and family lives.”
- A previous podcast I was on (I'm finding more podcasts lately that I love to listen to while I'm walking!): Why I Hate Podcasts (I was a guest on a good one w/ my tips on working at home, prioritizing, & about real food too!)