Are you aware that there are forces out there attempting to control our thinking? I've got a very scary update for you today about the Kitchen Kop blog and my future around here…
So I don't know how much you follow this stuff, but some really upsetting things have been happening in the world of natural health lately and it greatly affects the future of my blog and whether or not I can keep this going as my business…
- In the past few years my search traffic (and therefore my blog income) have drastically dropped. Partly it's because more people are on social media (and Instagram/Facebook don't allow my posts with links to show up in your feed regularly unless you're liking and commenting a lot or unless I pay for advertising, which is $$). But also it's because Google keeps changing their algorithms to favor more “reputable” mainstream sites, instead of those like mine that provide alternative options for healing and wellness that are not conventional or connected with Big Pharma.
- So last week something drastic happened — read what Google did to Mercola! Short story: unless you search on Google for a term WITH the word “Mercola”, they have buried any of his results. To clarify, because this has confused some people: yes, you'll see his posts if you put “Mercola” with the search term (or mine if you put “Kitchen Kop” with it), but if you just put in the search words, it's all buried.
If even Mercola can't be found online, I don't have a chance.
Here's another search option that some say is better, but I don't know for sure.
- Also, you know how when you start to search for something and the phrase automatically fills in to guess what you were going to type? That's called autocomplete, and look how Google is now purposefully skewing those results to make alternative health, supplements, etc. look crazy.
They're controlling the conversation and trying to form your thinking in a certain way: THEIR way.
The implications are so frightening, and I don't think most people even know it's happening. (Please send this post to those who should know this!) There's more…
- I send my emails out via an email service, but if I used a popular one, Mailchimp, and sent out a post about researching vaccines, as I have many times in the past, they would have DROPPED my account and you likely never would've heard from me again. Read more about Mailchimp here. Or here. (*Note that I've never said, ‘don't vaccinate‘, I just strongly recommend parents do some research first!)
There's still more…
- Facebook, and probably Instagram, are also burying my posts in your feed for the same reasons as above, so now I have to stop posting on social about that touchy topic and hope people will find the info on my blog. Some bloggers have wiped every vaccine-related post from their site… I can't bring myself to do that (yet?), because how will people know some of the possible dangers if no one talks about it?! But they don't want us to be informed, instead we're just supposed to follow the crowd… (Here's a video about what Facebook has planned or what's already in place.) Just look at my recent posts, how many of those did you see in your social media feed? They were all posted, but few are seen!
- Who knows if the company who hosts my website may at some point say they're wiping any sites with information that doesn't conform to the accepted way of thinking?!
Does all of this freak you out too????
I'm working on some other income streams (one I can't talk about yet, and the other, Beautycounter, has been doing well so far, thankfully, because people really love these safer options for themselves and their daughters!), but in the meantime, if you want to help me be able to keep sharing real food and natural health information, as I have for the past almost 12 years, here's what you could do…
- Shop through the links you see around my blog, on my resources/shop page, and on Facebook and Instagram. They're affiliate links and you pay the same but I get a tiny commission.
- Learn more about safer beauty and skincare and shop through my Beautycounter link.
- Make a point to go right to my Instagram or Facebook page now and then to see what didn't show up in your feed, then comment and like those posts as much as you can. Also, consider jumping over to my group on MeWe, I'm going to try to update there more often and see how that goes.
- I’ve been using DuckDuckGo for a censorship-free search engine alternative. (Hopefully it stays that way.) You might consider switching to that from Google.
- Also PRAY that I have wisdom to navigate all of this, it's a lot for this busy Mom who is so out of her league here.