The BEST fresh homemade salsa recipe
It's hard to believe that the only salsa I ever used to make was the kind where you throw tomatoes (often from a can) into a pot with a bunch of other ingredients and cook it for a while. Now, using ingredients from the farmers market or your own back yard, this fresh homemade salsa recipe blows that one away.
Fresh Homemade Salsa
This homemade salsa with fresh veggies from your garden or the farmer's market is always a hit. Get creative and add veggies that you love for a flavor explosion!
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 med onion, chopped small (more to your taste)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into small pieces
- 2-4 jalapeños, chopped
- 3-4 bell peppers, chopped – all different colors look prettiest
- 12 assorted tomatoes, chopped small – or however many you have
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped small
- About 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, add more to your taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Palm sugar
- More ingredients to try (I love them all): fresh chopped parsley, grilled corn on the cob, black beans
- Avocado would be yummy, but I'm not sure if the lime in the recipe would be enough to keep it from turning brown. Does anyone know?
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and toss together. Enjoy.
Did you make a real food recipe?
What else do you like in your salsa? Leave a comment and let me know :).
More salsa recipes:
- Black bean mango salsa with a unique ingredient – Wait 'til you see the cool pics I took for this post, they're actually good!!
- A recipe for Texas Caviar and and at the same post, the recipe for the traditional black bean salsa!
- Need some more appetizer ideas?
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.