The BEST fresh homemade salsa recipe
It's hard to believe that the only salsa I ever used to make was the kind where you throw tomatoes (often from a can) into a pot with a bunch of other ingredients and cook it for a while. Now, using ingredients from the farmers market or your own back yard, this fresh homemade salsa recipe blows that one away.
Fresh Homemade Salsa
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 med onion chopped small (more to your taste)
- 2 stalks celery chopped into small pieces
- 2-4 jalapeños chopped
- 3-4 bell peppers chopped – all different colors look prettiest
- 12 assorted tomatoes chopped small – or however many you have
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic chopped small
- About 1/2 teaspoon sea salt add more to your taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Palm sugar
- More ingredients to try I love them all: fresh chopped parsley, grilled corn on the cob, black beans
- Avocado would be yummy but I'm not sure if the lime in the recipe would be enough to keep it from turning brown. Does anyone know?
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and toss together. Enjoy.
- For a faster version, just clean all of the ingredients and toss them into a food processor until it's as chunky as you like it. 🙂
What else do you like in your salsa? Leave a comment and let me know :).
More salsa recipes:
- Black bean mango salsa with a unique ingredient – Wait 'til you see the cool pics I took for this post, they're actually good!!
- A recipe for Texas Caviar and and at the same post, the recipe for the traditional black bean salsa!
- Need some more appetizer ideas?
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.