This is a unique sweet and red potato salad recipe that is served cold OR warm and all the flavors are delicious together! It came from my friend, Amy.
Sweet and Red Potato Salad
Servings: 1 9x13 pan
- 3 # red skin potatoes cleaned and cut into 1 1/2″ cubes
- About 6 medium sweet potatoes cleaned and cut into 1 1/2″ cubes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-2 onions chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic optional
- 1 cup mayonnaise or one batch of my homemade mayo to avoid the nasty oils in store-bought, plus it tastes better!
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or dried is okay too
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon or so of ground pepper or skip the lemon zest and pepper and use 1 Tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or more to your taste (I used more)
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne I added a little more for extra flavor
- Preheat the oven to 425* F. In a 9×13 pan (no Teflon or aluminum), toss the potatoes, onions and olive oil together. Roast until well-browned and tender, 35-40 minutes. (Or longer until they're a little crispy.) Transfer to a large bowl, let cool a few minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredient, add to potato mixture and mix well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Sometimes I'll also just boil the potatoes until tender, then mix everything together and bake 'til hot.