In the midst of all the recent stress and craziness working on the Real Food for Rookies class, opening enrollment, etc., Sonia has been such a great friend. She’s had my kids over a few times so I could get some work done without interruptions, she’s patiently listened to my whining about the latest issue I didn’t know how to fix, and THEN she had us over for dinner the other night and made this super yummy recipe!
Margarita Pasta with Grilled Chicken (or Meatless)
For the pasta:
- 8 ounces dry pasta of your choosing
- 3 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups diced fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
- Toasted pine nuts (or even better, soak them for crispy pine nuts, just like in this crispy nuts recipe)
- Sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Extra Parmesan to sprinkle on top
For the chicken:
Preheat grill to medium high. Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain. Set aside. Combine tomatoes and mozzarella in a bowl. Set aside.
Coat chicken with oil and spices. Grill covered until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from grill and tent with foil. Rest for 3-4 minutes, then slice into strips. (You could also cut the chicken into strips and sauté it with the oil and spices in a frying pan.)
Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. The olive oil will shimmer when it's hot enough to add garlic. Toss tomato and cheese mixture with garlic-infused oil and pasta. Stir in basil. Season with salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Top with sliced chicken and pine nuts and extra Parmesan as desired.
Makes 4-6 servings.
(Sonia served it with a tasty Caesar salad and some fresh blueberries).
Did you make a real food recipe?
Thank you again, Sonia! 🙂
- Read Sonia’s Health & Nutrition Guest Interview, although now her story would be different since she recently began eating meat again. (It wasn’t because I annoyed her like crazy about it either, honest!) She said she’ll tell you all about it one of these days. 🙂
- Here’s the interview with her husband, Bob, who is also a great friend!
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.