Bathing suit season is coming and I thought you might like a new low-carb recipe. I love my carbs and am fairly sporadic about how well I limit my intake, but if I had enough recipes like this “low-carb tuna delight” that my sister Terri sent, it would make things much easier! She even took this picture for me, too. I haven’t made it yet, so if you do, let me know what you think.
Low-Carb Tuna Delight
- Small can of tuna drained
- Chopped onion however much you’d like.
- 1 raw egg
- 1/8 cup bread crumbs sourdough, soaked or sprouted bread is best (I happen to have plenty bread crumbs around from my sourdough bread bombs.)
- butter to fry patties pastured butter is best
- 2 thick slices of tomato
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Half cucumber chopped
- Sea salt & pepper to taste and other herbs as desired check out this homemade ranch recipe for ideas.
- Mix together the tuna, onion, egg and bread crumbs and shape into two patties, fry in butter. In the meantime, place two thick slices of tomato on a plate. While your patties cook, mix together the mayo, milk, chopped cucumber, sea salt, pepper and what other seasonings you may like. When the tuna patties are done, put them on the tomatoes and spoon cucumber mixture over the top.
- More low-carb recipes