Have you seen this movie trailer for “Dirt“? Apparently it's been out for a while, but I think it's only slowly moving around the country, as smaller budget movies often have to do to gain momentum.
The topic of dirt fascinates me.
If our dirt is void of nutrients, then the food we eat that was grown in that soil, or the animal foods we eat that ate the plants from the soil, is going to be void of nutrients.
Only organic, sustainable farming can preserve soil quality, and ultimately preserve our health. Current conventional farming practices rob the dirt of nutrients, rob us of nutrients, and rob the earth of dirt!
The following videos and links below explain more:
- Living the dream, the life of a businessman farmer (a great post from my friend, Chris, and gorgeous farm pictures!)
- Folks This Ain't Normal – Joel Salatin video on his new book
- A conventional pig farm in the 1980's – About the farm my husband grew up on
- The importance of healthy soil with Jay McCaman
- The quest for nutrient-dense food — high brix farming and gardening
- Milk comes from cows not beans
- Have you seen the other food movies I've written about?