If you've asked, “Is Cornbread gluten free”? Now it is! You'll love this gluten free cornbread recipe…
(Note: If you are fine eating grains, we love this recipe. I add an extra 2 Tablespoons of sugar, though, and I also use Einkorn flour. I also make it with just milk instead of buttermilk. It's moist and delicious and soooo good with more butter on top after it comes out of the oven!)
Our neighbor friend, Michelle, is known for her delicious cornbread. One day I found this gluten-free cornbread mix and thought I'd try a gluten free version. It's really moist and tasty, and I call it “cornbread cake” because it's just a little bit sweet, plus the kids were more excited to try it that way. 🙂
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter melted — pastured butter is best for the most nutrients (Butter is a health food, oh yes it is! Read more here.)
- 1 1/2 cups cream or part whole milk and part cream — again pastured dairy is best
- 3 eggs Click here to scroll down and read all of my posts about eggs and why they're so good for us!
- 1/3 cup natural sugar — I used palm sugar Read all about sugar: the good, bad and the disgusting
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt To salt your food or not to salt your food?
- GF cornbread mix – 20 ounces
- 2 1/2 cups corn I used frozen
- Bake at 350* until top is set and it's all golden brown. About 55 minutes.
- Serve with plenty of pastured butter — yum!
Let me know if you try it!
Have you seen these?
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.