You'll love this Homemade Beer Bread with Crispy Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil for Dipping
Want to impress your guests one of these days or even your own family? This recipe will do it! I've always loved beer bread and of course wanted to find an easy version without any junky ingredients, so I combined a few recipes and came up with this one. The garlic dipping sauce was a big hit with the kids because to them, any type of “dip” is its own food group anyway. 🙂
Homemade Beer Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour – I use all-purpose einkorn flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or honey
- 12 oz. beer of your choice – darker beers give it a unique flavor lighter beers are more mild
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter (for the top) + more for buttering the pan
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Brush 6 Tablespoons melted butter over the top when it comes out of the oven.
Now for the delicious (optional) dip…
Crispy Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil for Dipping
- First, chop and peel your garlic (I used a mini chopper).
- Then melt the ghee in a cast iron pan. Add the garlic and cook over medium-heat until they're golden brown (stay close by to make sure they don't burn--it should take about 10 minutes). Once they're brown, then add a couple splashes of olive oil, a few pinches of sea salt, and a little splash of balsamic dressing (or vinegar).
- You can either let it cool or serve it immediately with fresh beer bread.