Does the mere thought of this Broccoli Cheese Casserole do crazy things to you like it does me? (If you eat grains, you'll want to try that recipe, trust me.) But maybe you want to avoid grains like I am more and more these days, especially since I've read The Perfect Health Diet (more on that in an upcoming post).
Well wait 'til you see what I've got for you…It's pretty easy, too, because I'm not an elaborate recipe person, as you know by now. It's got a nice satisfying crunch with a creamy cheese sauce that'll make you happy.
Grain-free Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- 1 head of broccoli, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter or grassfed ghee
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour (find arrowroot flour here)
- 1/2 cup milk (maybe more to get the creamy consistency you want)
- 1 cup of your favorite gluten-free crackers (smashed up in a baggie with a rolling pin or in a food processor)
- 1/4 cup butter (of course there's more butter!)
Place broccoli in a buttered square glass baking dish. (There are some good deals on glass bakeware here.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can always add more at the table, too. (Have you seen this post: To Salt Your Food or Not to Salt Your Food?)
Then for the topping melt the 1/2 cup butter and stir in the crackers. Sprinkle over the top of the broccoli and cheese sauce. Bake 20 minutes at 350* or until hot all the way through
Did you make a real food recipe?
And yes, this is good for you, because saturated fat is good for you. Yep I said it. If you don't believe me, take a look through some of these posts on healthy fats.
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.