Do you know what can damage our gut flora?
If your immune system, or your “gut”, is full of enough healthy bacteria you won't get sick. Plain and simple.
- You feel good and have energy.
- You can focus on what you're doing.
- You won't have migraines, anxiety issues, or even depression.
- Your mood stays more level.
- You won't get every cold or flu bug in the air and you certainly don't have to worry about squirting that dumb antibacterial junk on your hands every time you turn around.
- You won't have to freak out if your kids touch a shopping cart and then, GASP!, touch their eyes or mouth. (Like I used to freak out over such things.)
- You won't have digestive issues, and don't we all know someone with those problems?
Obviously, this list could go on for days, but you get the idea.
- Click here for the GAPS Diet book by Natasha Campbell McBride
- Click here for the strong probiotics
- Find the cod liver oil here
- Click here for Grain free meal plans
- Click here for a GAPS Starter Kit
- Click here for What Can I Eat Now? 30 Days on the GAPS Intro Diet
Wonder how your gut flora becomes depleted in the first place?
Watch the video below for more, but here are some excerpts on what can damage your gut flora, from Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride:
“As soon as antibiotics were discovered, the damage to a large percent of the population began.”
- Bottle feeding
“Breast feeding is essential for a baby to develop normal gut flora.”
- Prescription medication given on a long-term basis, such as the birth control pill
“The effect of contraceptive pills on the composition of bacteria in the gut is devastating. The longer the lady is on the contraceptive pill, the deeper will be the damage on her gut flora.”
- Junk food, other processed foods, especially processed carbohydrates
“Processed foods feed, almost exclusively, abnormal species of microbes in the digestive tract, they do not feed the beneficial bacteria.”
- Exposure to large amounts of various toxic substances at work or elsewhere. Such as radiation or alcoholism.
“Whatever toxins we humans have created, if we are exposed to large amounts it will have an effect on gut flora.”
More from Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, author of GAPS: Gut and Psychology Syndrome:
“So all these factors together created generations of women with seriously abnormal gut flora, and that's what they pass to their newborn babies nowadays, and as a result we have epidemics of learning disabilities and physical problems in our children.”
Improving gut health can make all the difference in your health! But how do we do this?
For some, they'll need to go full-out on the GAPS Diet in order to heal from serious health issues, and this includes taking strong probiotics to fill their gut with a LOT of healthy bacteria – the “big guns”, as I call them. (Where to buy probiotics.)
For others, they may need only to get rid of processed foods and eat more Real Food, especially fermented foods which can also fill your gut with healthy bacteria. You could make delicious fermented vegetables using this starter – learn how here!
Be sure to share your stories of healing in the comments! Have you healed your gut and then seen a drastic change in your health?
Watch the video with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride mentioned above to learn more about gut health: