Do you like meatloaf? For me it’s part of a cozy, satisfying “meat and potatoes” kind of meal. Not to mention that it’s full of nutrients, especially when you make it with part grass-fed ground beef and part ground beef heart! (Did I mention how easy it is to make?) Read about the many benefits of grass-fed beef.
Classic Meatloaf (with extra nutrition)
- 3 pounds grass fed ground beef with part ground beef heart if desired. You really can’t taste anything different, honest! Read You CAN Eat Beef Heart!
- 3 cup organic bread crumbs or croutons, sometimes I’ll freeze the ends of the loaves of bread that no one wanted and crumble those up for bread crumbs.
- 4 eggs eggs are SO good for you, any way you can get them!
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped small--and/or 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375*. Mix meatloaf ingredients together in a bowl well--I often use my hands. Press into 2 bread pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Mix sauce ingredients together. (Or you could just use this BBQ sauce.) Remove pans from oven and put about 1/3 of the sauce on each loaf (reserving the other 1/3 of the sauce for dipping later) and bake another 10 minutes or until loaf registers an internal temp of 160*.
- Serve meatloaf slices with extra dipping sauce. 🙂
Someone shared a great suggestion: freeze some in muffin cups for individual serving sizes to take with you for lunch or for a quick protein snack!
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.