This 3 cheese lasagna recipe was a hit.
It was a last-minute meal that I threw together without a recipe, it was that easy, and all the kids ate it — you Moms know how rarely that happens.
Kelly's 3 Cheese Lasagna
Make sure to look at my notes below the recipe to see how to adjust for different serving sizes.
- About half of a 16 ounce box of cooked organic lasagna noodles
- 3 boxes of Boursin garlic cheese, or another soft cheese, I also sometimes use my yogurt cheese when I have it on-hand, or 2-8 ounce boxes of softened organic cream cheese works well too
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Various herbs, fresh or dried: oregano, basil, thyme, etc. – whatever you like!
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2-3 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 jars of (approx 25.5 ounces) organic pasta sauce of your choice
- Note that you can add meat to the sauce if you'd like! Sometimes I'll use part ground beef and part ground pork sausage, mixed with the pasta sauce.
- A little sauce on the bottom
- Lasagna noodles
- One box of Boursin cheese (this can be messy, mine had been in the freezer, so I used a fork to crumble it all over the noodles) or the yogurt cheese if you're using it, you could also mix different softened cheeses together with the spices and use that on this layer.
- Sea salt, pepper, and herbs, just sprinkle all over the top of the cheese for great flavor
- Sprinkle some Parmesan
- Spoon sauce all over it (sparingly so you don't run out)
Repeat the layers two more times, then put one more layer of noodles on the last layer of sauce and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake 30-40 minutes on 350* until bubbly and golden on top. Let set a few minutes after you take it out so it cuts easily. We served it with some homemade muffins and fresh fruit. (As fresh as you can find fruit during the long Michigan winters anyway.)
Did you make a real food recipe?
A note on amounts:
–For 2 9×13 pans: 1 box of the 16 ounce lasagna noodles and 3 jars of the sauce between the 2 pans
–For 3 9×13 pans: 2 boxes of lasagna noodles, 4 jars of sauce, lots of cheese (I just froze whatever was leftover), 2# ground beef + 1 # sausage (browned w/onions), 3 spreadable herb cheeses (just check the ingredient label and make sure there's nothing nasty in there) mixed with 2 cream cheese, softened.
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.