Easy Crockpot Lasagna No Need to Cook the Noodles Ahead!
My friend, Jeanne, told me about this favorite recipe at their house, and what an easy dinner idea, especially if you’re like me and love slow cooker recipes! We tried it other day and it was a hit here, too. I meant to start it late morning, but forgot until 2:30 in the afternoon. (Why do I always do that?) I turned the crock pot on high and by 5:00 the noodles were done and it was perfect!
It's also a great “kitchen clean out” recipe, because you can add whatever meat, veggies or cheeses you have on hand and it'll taste great.
Easy Crockpot Lasagna
- 1 pound Italian sausage or ground beef – or a combination (Find safe sources locally or healthy meat online)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large jars (26 ounce or so) of your favorite organic spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, if desired for extra flavor
- 15 ounce container of cottage cheese, small curd (homemade or one with a nice short, simple ingredient list)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: Ricotta cheese and/or Boursin garlic cheese and/or cream cheese, or whatever you have in the fridge to get rid of!
- Optional: Chopped spinach or other veggies if your family will go for it, all cut small so they'll get soft
- Optional: 1-2 eggs for extra nutrition
- 1 box uncooked lasagna noodles (mine was 9 oz.) — or sometimes I'll use my new favorite: organic einkorn pasta — I used 2-12 ounce boxes, uncooked (one box would be enough for a small family, there are 5 of us and we're big eaters!)
- For the top: 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and/or more parmesan
Cook meat and onion over medium heat until browned. Stir in spaghetti sauce, basil and salt.
In a bowl, mix the cheeses well with the optional eggs.
Start layering in a buttered crock pot: Meat mixture, a layer of noodles, cheese mixture, optional veggies. Keep going with 3-4 layers, making sure that the noodles are always near some sauce. (OR if you're not using lasagna noodles, just stir it all together, but make sure all noodles are under the surface with some sauce/liquid on top.)
Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 2-4 hours until noodles are tender.
Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with the mozzarella cheese and more parmesan if you love it like we do. Cover while the cheese melts and then it’s ready to serve.
If you liked this Easy Crockpot Lasagna, please share it using the buttons below! 🙂
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.