I told you about our delicious potluck dinner with our bible study friends last week and promised to get you the recipes. More are coming, but for today, here’s the yummy rice Sue made…
Sue’s Cashew Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup brown rice (or germinated brown rice)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup crispy cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 2 Tbsp. dry)
In large saucepan, melt butter. Sauté onion until soft. Add rice; stir until coated. Stir in broth and salt. Cover; simmer 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cashews and parsley. Add more salt to taste.
***Note: The original recipe calls for white rice, and if you use that, cook 25-30 minutes.