- I can’t believe it’s June! It sounds like a whopper of a cliché, but youza, when do we ever get used to the way time passes so quickly? (Our oldest is a Senior next year…it hurts I tell ya!) Only one more week of school. I'm a little more free and easy in my Monday posts about not strictly sticking to health and nutrition topics only, so I'd love to know this…we all want to enjoy our kids without losing our minds, tell me what is your best “keep your sanity” tip for summertime? (Have you seen this post about healthy popsicle alternatives?)
- Recently I read somewhere about a homemade bug repellent, but can’t remember where. I think I even emailed to ask the person for it, but haven’t heard back – there go my memory issues again. Does anyone know of a good recipe that is chemical-free? I’ve often used Avon’s Skin So Soft as a mosquito repellent with good success, but the bugs seem especially bad so far this year and I’d like to have something stronger ready. Someone else suggested diluted Basic-H (Shaklee) – has anyone tried that? UPDATE: the comments have some great suggestions, also check out this site for 5 Homemade Chemical-free bug repellents from Garden Mandy.
- Have you seen this post from February of 2008 on plastics safety? It used to be my most-visited post until this one took over: 10 Healthy Breakfast Ideas.
- I love posts like this one from Carrie last week: 10 Things You Can Do to Make Your Meals More Nutrient-Dense.
- Well, we knew it wouldn’t be long before big pharma would capitalize on the Swine Flu ordeal: Swine Flu Shot Could Be Ready By October.
- Do you have any rants in you today? Come on, it’s Monday morning, surely something is on your mind! 🙂
Have a great week!