Good morning everyone! Hopefully you had a great weekend. We had mid-80's here in Michigan and a fun weekend of soccer games, bike rides, running through the sprinkler, water guns, and a gorgeous walk with my friend, Natalie, around their lake. 🙂
I've got some huge news that I cannot WAIT to share with you all (no, I'm not pregnant), but I can't blab about it just yet. Stay tuned reader friends!
- This has been in my “Monday” file for a while, so you may have already seen it, but just in case, I had to share. Check out the Raw milk vending machines! Yes, folks, in some areas of the world, producing and drinking raw milk doesn't mean you're a criminal. (Thanks Wendy for sending me the link!)
- Have you heard about these DVDs from my friend, Sandrine? They're called, “Nourishing our Children – Learn how to nourish rather than merely feed your family.” Great subtitle, huh? These are a perfect resource to share with your friends and family!
- Thank you, Hana, for sending along this interesting podcast about our guts. (I only had time to hear part of it, so if you learn something good, please share in the comments.)
- Did you catch last week's post, Why are we Obese and Who is to Blame for this Epidemic? There's some great conversation going on there that I hope you'll jump in on. I just love chatting about stuff like that with others like all of you who ‘get it'. So many in my real life just aren't there yet.
- Lastly, I wanted to tell all of you local readers about a room we reserved for Saturday to celebrate our friend, Nancy's, birthday. It was on the top floor of J. Gardellas in downtown Grand Rapids, which was FREE to rent — some places I called were $500! You could order appetizers ahead if you wanted and later people could order their own meals off the menu. The gal we set it up with ahead of time, Ellen, was over-the-top sweet and efficient, and we had our own bar with an incredible pair of bartenders. Everything was so nice and convenient, I wanted to give them a plug. 🙂