Good morning everyone! Hopefully you had a great weekend. We had mid-80's here in Michigan and a fun weekend of soccer games, bike rides, running through the sprinkler, water guns, and a gorgeous walk with my friend, Natalie, around their lake. 🙂
I've got some huge news that I cannot WAIT to share with you all (no, I'm not pregnant), but I can't blab about it just yet. Stay tuned reader friends!
- This has been in my “Monday” file for a while, so you may have already seen it, but just in case, I had to share. Check out the Raw milk vending machines! Yes, folks, in some areas of the world, producing and drinking raw milk doesn't mean you're a criminal. (Thanks Wendy for sending me the link!)
- Have you heard about these DVDs from my friend, Sandrine? They're called, “Nourishing our Children – Learn how to nourish rather than merely feed your family.” Great subtitle, huh? These are a perfect resource to share with your friends and family!
- Thank you, Hana, for sending along this interesting podcast about our guts. (I only had time to hear part of it, so if you learn something good, please share in the comments.)
- Did you catch last week's post, Why are we Obese and Who is to Blame for this Epidemic? There's some great conversation going on there that I hope you'll jump in on. I just love chatting about stuff like that with others like all of you who ‘get it'. So many in my real life just aren't there yet.
- Lastly, I wanted to tell all of you local readers about a room we reserved for Saturday to celebrate our friend, Nancy's, birthday. It was on the top floor of J. Gardellas in downtown Grand Rapids, which was FREE to rent — some places I called were $500! You could order appetizers ahead if you wanted and later people could order their own meals off the menu. The gal we set it up with ahead of time, Ellen, was over-the-top sweet and efficient, and we had our own bar with an incredible pair of bartenders. Everything was so nice and convenient, I wanted to give them a plug. 🙂
Did I miss the Amazon winner announcment for the Rubbermaid produce savers giveaway? I’ve been searching posts to see if it’s hidden somewhere but can’t find it.
Hey Kelly. Just wanted to send a huge thank you and hug of appreciation to you for introducing me to all things raw milk and inspiring me to make the leap and try it out. My husband and I purchased some yesterday from a local farm and we are hooked. I have never been one to drink milk straight and over the last couple of years I had almost completely weeded dairy out of my diet all-together due to the adverse effects I experienced. However, after watching Farmageddon and doing some research, I decided to try raw milk and was pleasantly surprised at how light and fresh it tastes and also loving the fact that it doesn’t leave that “milk breath” after-taste that I have often experienced with regular store bought milk. So once again thank you for shedding light on this nutrient dense staple that we all should make a part of our diets.
Kelly the Kitchen Kop says
I’m so happy I could help point you in that direction! I love it too, and was surprised when I first started drinking it that the whole milk WAS so light and fresh tasting, compared to store-bought whole milk. 🙂
Thanks for sharing your experience!!