Good morning, I've got loads of links for you today and some cool stuff for you to watch, too. If you like what you see or learn something, please will you share it with a friend? Thanks! 🙂
- Calling for your favorite pie recipes! I want to do a post featuring a dozen real foodie PIES that I'd like to try – can you believe I've only got ONE pie recipe on my whole blog? I'm not much of a pie person for some crazy reason but I know there are some yummy ones out there. So I was hoping you could let me know what some of your fav real food pies are??? (Don't forget to share the link!) THANK YOU for your help. Oh, and in case you want it, here's my one pie recipe, and it is pretty darn good I must say.
- Stories like this one make me need my “all natural chill pill” even more: Contempt Charges Filed Against Dad Who Defied Gag Order to Tell Daughter’s Heartbreak
ing Story. Do you know someone who has been a victim of CPS (child protective services) abuse?? If so, have them read this from Matt Walsh and use the email listed there to band together! There was also good conversation about this at my Facebook page last week. And by the way, yes, I know this is tricky, because there are some out there who *should* have their kids taken away due to truly abusive situations…
- Maybe I need one of these. A sweet friend of mine has been struggling with depression this winter, and just today I remembered about these goLITE BLU Light Therapy devices, designed to provide your brain with the same type of benefit that the bright light from the sun provides. Has anybody used these for winter depression? Find them here. (affiliate)
- It's not too late for love! 🙂 If you use the code GOPRIMALVALENTINE at checkout here, you can still get 25% off your order for some good-for-you deodorant that actually works (even Kent says so — he’s careful to avoid aluminum since his Dad passed away a little over a year ago from Alzheimers), or some amazing skin care products like a dreamy body whip, pucker paste (lip balm), or body powder without all the disgusting ingredients, Go Primal has all of that here.
- Wonder what happened at the Baker farm hearing on Friday? The only update is that the weather was bad, the courtroom was full, everyone was there, except the DNR's attorney. 🙁 So it had to be rescheduled to next week. Read the whole story here.
- Find out how to replace OTC medications in your house, plus enter to win $50 worth of Young Living essential oils! Enter here.
- I'm slowly but surely going back through old post recipes and updating the pathetic pictures that are still around, and this one is my latest updated recipe: Roasted Crispy Herbed Potatoes. Definitely a favorite side dish around here. 🙂
- It's slowly catching on: Full-fat dairy helps keep us lean. But mainstream sources still cling to the scientifically-outdated idea that dietary saturated fat and cholesterol increase risk of heart disease. Oh well. Baby steps! Read more on NPR here. Or pin the story here. Read about the true cause of heart disease here. (And one more similar article from a heart surgeon!)
- Check it out: Chris Kresser got on the Dr. Oz show discussing the Paleo diet and his new book: Your Personal Paleo Code! Watch the clip here. (I love how the book doesn't say that a strict paleo diet is what's best for everyone, and that for some it's just a starting point in getting well.)
- I loved this from Sarah last week: 5 cooking skills kids should learn.
- Don't you love this picture from my Facebook page last week?!