If you've ever had Hawaiian ham sliders at a party, then you know how hard it is to not throw your face into a whole pan of these suckers. They're just SO stinkin' delicious! When I first heard what was in this recipe, I was surprised at the ingredients and that they come together into something so addicting.
Here's my own real foodie version…
Hawaiian Ham Sliders
- 14 hamburger buns — we have a local baker who makes delicious fermented bread and buns so I used those this time, or you could make these simple homemade buns. You may want to make 28-30 slider size instead (about half the size of a regular hamburger bun). By the way, have you ever seen the ingredients on the “Hawaiian rolls” that this recipe normally calls for? They're full of junk. They are sweeter than regular rolls, which is one reason this recipe is so tasty, BUT the little bit of sweetener in my version of the sauce (below) gives it enough sweetness to still be dreamy.
- About 12 ounces (or more if desired so it's melting all over, yum!) of shredded cheese — I like mozzarella, but others like swiss.
- Ham slices (or turkey if you'd rather, OR just use cheese for a yummy meatless meal) — if you can't find good lunchmeat from a farm with pastured animals and no preservatives or other junk inside, you could buy ham from a farmer you trust and slice it thin. (If you don't have a good local source, click here for a safe online source for healthy meat and search for ham.)
- 1 cup melted butter, pastured butter is best (plus more butter for greasing the pan)
- 1 teaspoon of fermented soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- Homemade mayonnaise" width="315" height="236" srcset="https://kellythekitchenkop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Homemade-mayonnaise-315x236.jpg 315w, https://kellythekitchenkop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Homemade-mayonnaise.jpg 530w" sizes="(max-width: 315px) 100vw, 315px" data-jpibfi-post-excerpt="If you've ever had Hawaiian ham sliders at a party, then you know how hard it is to not throw your face into a whole pan of these suckers. They're just SO stinkin' delicious! When I first heard what was in this recipe, I was surprised at the ingredients and that they come together into something so addicting... " data-jpibfi-post-url="https://kellythekitchenkop.com/hawaiian-ham-sliders/" data-jpibfi-post-title="Hawaiian Ham Sliders (Good Meatless Too) — Copycat Recipe" data-jpibfi-src="//kellythekitchenkop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Homemade-mayonnaise-315x236.jpg" >3/4 cup homemade mayo, about 1 batch (it's so easy to make homemade, takes less than 5 minutes! Here's the recipe for homemade mayo.)
Assemble ham and cheese on the buns and place into a buttered glass or stainless steel baking dish. Mix the rest of the ingredients together, and spoon over the top. Bake about 15 minutes at 350* or until it's starting to get nice and golden and a little crispy on top.
Makes 14 regular bun-sized sandwiches, or 28-30 slider size.
Let me know if you try these and what you think!
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.