Do you know how many back flips a Mom does when she makes a new recipe, one with green vegetables, and her family not only loves it, but they each have three helpings? This Mom, ME, will certainly kiss my friend, Sonia, when I see her, for sharing this with me. Trust me. You have to try this one! Maybe for your 4th of July shebang tomorrow. 🙂
There are so many different flavors in this that all complement each other perfectly, those are the kinds of recipes we really go for around here.
Grilled Corn Summer Salad
- 2 bell peppers (I use organic because peppers are a highly sprayed conventional crop), chopped – I used my beloved Bosch food processor for this so it's a fast job.
- 1/2 a bunch cilantro – ditto on the food processor.
- 2 ears sweet corn (rub with olive oil, grill on medium heat, keep turning 'til sides are all browned), then cut it off the cob
- Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled (found by the deli cheese at the store — I think that name just means “fresh cheese”), or you could use FETA cheese — yum!
- Here are more ideas to add in, especially if they are in season where you are: tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, celery, chop them up small.
Mix the dressing ingredients then toss in the vegetables and cheese.
I doubled this and it was still not enough, FYI.
You could eat it with chips or crackers but we liked it just by itself. Did I mention that all four of the kids EACH had three helpings? No wonder we ran out
Did you make a real food recipe?
Do YOU have a favorite summer salad? Tell us about it in the comments OR if you have a good picture, send it to me and maybe I'll post it! 🙂
Here are more salad recipes for you to try.