Isn't it funny how sometimes the simplest little addition to an everyday food can make such a big difference? For the kids and I, there is nothing better to dip your homemade French fries into than this tasty garlic ketchup, and you can whip it up in no time…
Garlic Ketchup Recipe
None of these amounts are exact, because you really can't ruin this recipe…
- About 6 cloves of garlic (or more for a stronger taste), peeled and chopped — you can use dried garlic if you want, but I haven't tried it and I'm guessing it may not be quite as flavorful.
- 2 Tablespoons butter, pastured butter is always best, of course!
- About 1 1/2 cups of ketchup — try homemade ketchup if you'd like, but I just buy organic ketchup. Here's my post on it: Is lacto-fermented ketchup worth the trouble?
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Saute garlic in the butter until soft and fragrant. Mix together with the ketchup and sea salt. DONE!
- Enjoy with homemade French fries, homemade potato chips, or whatever your heart desires. 🙂
- Find more real food condiment recipes here (and other recipes that fall in the “misc.” category), like my simple and delicious homemade mayo — which takes 5 minutes, for real! We never buy the nasty mayo from the store anymore that's full of heart-killer oils and preservatives.
- You can also find a recipe for homemade fries in my book: