Garden updates and pictures!
Our garden is coming along nicely. I snapped the above picture in the rain…
Do you like how whole egg shells get tossed into the garden? Aren't they supposed to be crunched up in order to use them as compost? Or tossed into a compost pile with other stuff and then turned over a few times or something before going onto the garden? Or can you just throw stuff on like this???
Bob & Sonia's community garden is looking great, too, thanks for sharing your pics, guys!
- The quest for nutrient-dense food: high brix farming: When I first read this article I was absolutely amazed at what I learned. I found it even more wild that all this DID interest me so much. A city girl eagerly learning about refractometers and soil quality? Trust me, it just might pull you in, too.
- Did you read about our local community garden?
- The importance of healthy soil with Jay McCaman: “I learned a lot by talking with people who didn’t go to a University, but mostly I learned from my Dad, I watched what he did. When I was a kid, my Dad’s tomatoes tasted better than everyone else’s, and when he did the same thing in our hay fields, the cows gave more milk.”
- Look what the deer did to our garden!
- Do you eat fruits and vegetables in season only?