Do you want a unique avocado dip recipe? A dip for parties that will wow a crowd?
One that's only made with Real Food? Well then I've got just the thing for you, my awesome reader friends! Wait 'til you see how easy this is, and it's got a blend of such unique flavors that will surprise your mouth and make it unbelievably happy at the same time. (Thank you to my friend, Megan, who once again has given me a new favorite recipe.)
Avocado Dip Recipe with a Twist
- Dice 8 avocados
- Remove the seeds from 5 pomegranates – yep you read that right! Doesn't sound like it would go together with avocados does it? TRUST ME on this one!
- About 3/4 teapoon sea salt – or more until the taste is just right
- About 1 teaspoon garlic powder – again add more if needed
- 16 ounce feta cheese crumbled
- Just stir your ingredients together and serve them with tasty, organic corn chips (to avoid those nasty GMOS) or give celery sticks a try if you're trying to stay away from grains or cut back on carbs.
I can't wait to hear if you love it, too! Be sure to tell us if you know of any other odd ingredients that actually taste really good with avocado? Avocados are loaded with nutrients and I love that my kids are all over them, too, although I'm assuming many kids don't eat them due to that green thing they've got going on.
See below for how to get seeds out of pomegranates!
- Be sure and try my traditional Homemade Guacamole recipe, too, for a healthy snack!
How to get seeds out of pomegranates:
People in the comments suggested one of these handy tools, which I want to try. Megan said to just bash 'em good with a rolling pin, or something like that, to get the seeds out. Kent just cuts them into quarters, and puts them in water and starts getting them out with his fingers. The seeds will sink and the white gunk floats so you can pick that out and then get to the seeds. I think the first two options might be better, though, because you'll retain more of the yummy juice that way. Let me know if you have more tips!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.