As I write this on Friday afternoon, I’m so excited for what we have planned this weekend! Tomorrow we’re going to Traverse City (Northern Michigan) to do wine tasting with some great friends. We’ve never done a trip like this before and I’ll probably end up sharing a whole post about with lots of pictures soon. 🙂
For now I’ll get right to today’s links that I’ve found around the web lately…
- I hate to start off on such a downer, but wait ’til you see last week’s Grand Rapids Press article on the Stieler family. Just the inflammatory title ticked me off, before I even started reading the rest. As usual, Erin presented their side of the story with class and clarity. If you don’t know what I’m talking about or want to know more (or you’re reading this later), click here and scroll down to start at the beginning for all the posts on Jacob Stieler’s case, including current updates.
- A reader friend, Valerie, sent me info on these the other day — have any of you pregnant Moms (or those hoping to become pregnant soon) heard of “Belly Armor“? It’s a protective blanket to shield your baby from dangerous everyday radiation that comes from things like laptops, cell phones, wifi, etc. Or pictured on the right is a protective shirt. (Click on the picture to see it better.) Check it out and let me know what you think!
- Thanks to my friend Chris for sending these shocking pictures of What the world eats! We certainly don’t eat perfectly around here, but compared to these pictures, I guess we’re doing pretty good. (What about your family?)
- OK, maybe not. I made these cake balls the other day from a recipe I found online, but I ended up changing it a lot, so I might post it one of these days. IF all of you won’t throw me out of here for adding another dessert recipe to my blog that’s supposed to be about Real Food!
- Is anyone else struggling trying to get into the whole Google+ thing? Do any of you know how I could *easily* connect it so that if I post something up on my Facebook or Twitter, it also goes to Google+?
- One of our new sponsors sells these cookies and I’ve heard from a few different sources that they are fabulous and great for kids’ lunches!
- Thanks Bob for sending this cool article about Real Food: It’s time to upgrade your biological software! Here are a couple of excerpts:
“We are in the midst of the single biggest global epidemic of chronic disease in the history of human species. We will spend 47 trillion dollars over the next 20 years dealing with it. 90 percent of people who have it are not diagnosed, and in America alone it affects one half of the population. This chronic disease is “diabesity,” and it is preventable.”
“That is why Hyman says most of what is consumed in America today is not really food. “It’s factory-made science projects” that Hyman says may resemble food, “but are actually Frankenfood.”