- Add 1/4 c. coconut oil to your stove-top popcorn popper.
- Now put in 3 kernels of popcorn and when those kernels pop you’ll know it’s hot enough – add 1/2 c. organic popcorn…
- Immediately toss 1 T. – 1/4 c. sugar on top – I used the 1/4 c. that the recipe called for, and then too late I saw that the amount of sugar in this recipe can even be cut to 1 T. and according to Katie it’s still really good! (I used organic sugar – might try palm or coconut sugar next. UPDATE: here are some better, more natural sugar options!)
- Stir continuously until all kernels are popped. (Only takes a minute.)
- Toss into a deep bowl (so you have room to move it around good), sprinkle with sea salt, and shake it around some for a few minutes so it doesn’t all stick together.
That’s it! It’s much easier than caramel corn, and has much less sugar too, but is just as good…maybe better because of the tasty salty/sweet blend of flavors.